On 9/27/2017, we stopped by the job site to inspect the project and check out the project progress as follows:
- Construction progress continued to show good progress in past three months. There were about 30 plus workers consisted of exterior and cabinetry, painting, elevator, electrical and plumbing trades and one project manager on site.
- Window installation and exterior panel installation is up to 6th floor. Remaining windows should be all installed by end of October.
- Mechanical, plumbing and sprinkler works are mostly complete. Electrical work is progressing to 8th floor and the building has temporary power.
- Hoist is in operation up to 8th floor and elevators works is progress from basement to roof.
- Sheetrock work is advancing to 7th floor and painting and spraying is progressing to 3rd floor now.
- Bathtubs had been installed all the way to 8th floor and bathroom tile work is advancing to 4th floor.
- Roof has been waterproofed now.
- Tiles, painting and spray materials, flooring, sheet rock, PTAC, windows and other materials stored onsite.
Per project manager, they target finish up in summer 2018 and TCO should be ready in fall 2018.
Per site visit in September, a summary of work is as below:
- Project insurance package has been approved by MTA;
- 3 manual vibration monitor sensor have been installed on MTA tunnels;
- Based on DOB, the developer has revised their site safety plan accordingly and expects to pull SOE permit in October.
On 6/20/17, we stopped by the job site to inspect the project and check out the project progress as follows:
– Construction progress continued to show good progress in past two months. There were about 20 plus workers consisted of exterior and cabinetry, mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades and one project manager on site.
– Bathtubs, PTAC sleeves, windows, light fixtures, waterproof materials, and pipes are stored on site.
– Cellar and superstructure plus roof bulkhead and elevator room are complete.
– Scaffolding pipes are erecting up to 8th floor and to roof to protect debris from falling off job site. Hoist has been set up and can operate up to 8th floor.
– Interior framing is advancing to 8th floor and waterproofing is advancing in lower floors.
– Bathtubs installation has already begun on 2nd floor and 3rd floor.
– Sprinkler and mechanical works are up to 7th floor and electricity work is progressing to 6th floor. Meanwhile, plumbing including standpipe is up roof.
– Window installation is up to 3rd floor and all windows have delivered on site.
Per project manager, they target finish up in year or April 2018.
Demolition work had been completed earlier this year and received sign-off from DOB. Currently, contractor is waterproofing adjacent buildings’ exterior walls. Lions group, our GC, is working diligently to pull work permit for the project. They target to break ground in late July or early August.
On 4/12/17, we stopped by the job site to inspect the project and check out the project progress as follows:
– construction progress continued to show good progress in past two months. There were about 30 workers consisted of masonry, mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades and two project managers on site.
– bathtubs, windows, light fixtures, framing studs, pipes are stored on site.
– cellar and superstructure almost done (total 8 floors) except roof bulkhead and elevator room. building’s superstructure will be fully completed this month.
– scaffolding pipes are erecting up to 8th floor and to roof to protect debris from falling off job site. hoist has been set up and can operate up to 5th floor.
-interior framing is progress to 6th floor and will progress to work on 7th floor this month and they will on work on 8th floor in May after concrete form work removed.
– sprinkler, mechanical and plumbing works is up to 4th floor and electricity work is progressing to 5th floor.
Per project manager, they target finish up in year or April 2018.
Per site visit on 2/20/17, here is summary of finding:
- building structure is down to basement and they will finish up this week;
- about 15 worker on site and waterproofing is done mostly to ground;
- currently the contractor and scaffold company working to remove building violation regarding sidewalk bridge’s sign before they remove scaffolding bridge.
Overall, the construction has been progressing since last quarter.
On the site visit day, demolition progress is picking up since the last visit. 27-49 Jackson’s 2nd floor structure is almost removed and demolition at 27-51 Jackson Ave is down to ground floor. We should bring down all above-grade structures next week. We will finish it in two week if everything goes smoothly.
On 2/3/17, we stopped by the job site to inspect the project and check out the project progress as follows:
– a lot of progress showed this time as compared to last visit in Oct. last year. There were about 20 workers and project manager on site.
– Cellar and superstructure is up 6th floor (total 8 floors). They should top out the building’s superstructure in mid March.
– Scaffolding pipes are erecting up to 6th floor to protect debris from falling off job site.
– There were plumbing works is up to 2nd floor and temporary electricity is available. pipes, framing studs and rebar are stored on site.
-Interior framing is progress to 3nd floor and layout units are very spacy and attractive.
Overall, work has resumed faster now. i expect them to catch up alot of work this year.
Site visit on 10/20/2016 for Broadway Project,
– today there is no work because there’s stop work order on the project- not providing safety netting to neighbor in the back and unsafe scaffolding on east side of the property. New project manager from Lions Group, named Will told us about this
– cellar and 1st floor concrete floor completed and is up to 2nd floor.
– there were plumbing works in cellar and temporary electricity is available. Pipes and rebar are stored on site.
– overall, work is slow to date. They should be able to speed up construction work in coming weeks before winter.
Site visit on 10/20/2016 for Jackson Project,
Till 10/20/2016, demolition permit on old building has been approved. The general contractor has finished building up safety fence. Demolition is ready to go.
Site visit on June 6th 2016,
– There was a half dozen of construction workers, a new project manager and excavator heavy machine driver. David Lo’s previous project manager Donald recently quit the job.
– for half of the site to west has been pour with concrete for cellar level and rebar work are progress for 1st floor level. As half of the site to west, excavation work are almost complete and formwork should be completed soon and we think they will pour concrete very soon.
– water below grade in couple of pits are very obvious and could be reason delaying completion of foundation. Water pump is still ongoing.
– overall, work is very slow to date. The new project manager said they expect to speed up construction works beginning next month after foundation is complete.